When it comes to transporting vehicles, a professional shipping company can get the job done safely and in a timely manner. Professional shipping companies in Lafayette can schedule a ship date with you and calculate a quote over the phone in just a few minutes. When it comes to the cost of transporting a vehicle, shipping services will be able to offer a fair cost that will fit into their client’s budgets.
Tips for Transporting a Vehicle
When it comes to transporting your vehicle, you might be skeptical about whether or not your property is in the proper care. Auto shippers are trained extensively on how to overcome many difficult obstacles on the open road and on how to properly care for and secure vehicles. There are certain things you can do to your vehicle to ensure that your vehicle arrives in the same condition that it left in.
• Purchase full-coverage insurance.
• Thoroughly wash your vehicle of any dirt and deposits.
• Only leave about ¾ tank of fuel in the car.
• Document the condition of the vehicle and inform the auto shipper of any problems the vehicle might have.
• Disable the security alarm if the car is equipped with one.
• Remove personal possessions so that they do not cause damages to the interior of the vehicle while in transit.
• Provide reliable contact information to the moving service so that they can call you in the event of a change in schedule.
How are Automobiles Transported?
There are various ways a vehicle can be transported from one location to the next, but one way that is popular amongst consumers is on an open-air trailer. This method of transportation is the most cost effective way to ship a vehicle, but the vehicle will be slightly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This type of truck has two levels with cars secured on both the top and bottom.